Resources for Veterans
Veterans with low income may qualify for free legal help. Call the statewide legal aid hotline toll free at 1-877-432-9955, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Legal advice clinics for veterans are held periodically throughout the year.
Stateside Legal: Legal help for military members, veterans and their families, http://statesidelegal.org/
Stateside Legal is a national website for members of the military, veterans, their families and advocates. Their goal is to help you:
- access benefits,
- find free legal help, and
- better understand your legal issues.
Benefits for Veterans
There are many benefits available to veterans offered by both the federal and state government.
Information about the numerous benefits (compensation, pension, disability, education, home loans, etc.) from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs can be found at: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/
Available state benefits include:
- Wyoming Veteran's Property Tax Exemption (including motor vehicles)
- Free Tuition for War Veterans and Surviving Dependents
- Wyoming Veteran's License Plates & License Plate Stickers
- Hunting, Fishing, and Parks
- Education and other transition assistance
Online: Read more about state veterans benefits from the Wyoming Veteran's Commission website, http://wyomilitary.wyo.gov/veterans-commission/veterans-benefits
Phone: You may also contact the Wyoming Veteran’s Hotline at: (800) 833-5987.