Adult Name Change Pro Se Forms and Instructions
Petitions for adult name changes are filed in the District Court. This link directs you to a list of contact information for each district court: http://www.courts.state.wy.us/DistrictCourt/Directory.
Disclaimer: Please note these are NOT official court forms. These forms and instructions were designed to assist in most but not all cases and should not be considered legal advice. Not all forms may apply to your situation. Only a lawyer can give you advice about your specific case. Click here for help finding an lawyer.
Please read the instructions before filling out any forms:
Filing an Adult Name Change Petition
- Civil Cover Sheet (this is an official court form and required by every person filing an action in a Wyoming Court.)
- Verified Petition for Adult Change of Name
- Notice of Publication for Change of Name
For victims of domestic abuse:
- Motion for Entry of an Order Providing for Confidentiality
- Affidavit in Support of Motion for Confidentiality (if you do not have a protection order in place)
- Order Providing for Confidentiality
Asking for a Hearing Date
NOTE: Individual courts have different policies on scheduling, so it is important to contact the court where your case is filed to determine when and how to schedule your appearance in front of the Judge. Your court may have forms to request a hearing date, or you can fill out these forms to request a hearing date: