Minor Guardianship Pro Se Forms and Instructions
Petitions for guardianship of a minor are filed in the District Court. This link directs you to a list of contact information for each district court: http://www.courts.state.wy.us/DistrictCourt/Directory.
Disclaimer: Please note these are NOT official court forms. These forms and instructions were designed to assist in most but not all cases and should not be considered legal advice. Not all forms may apply to your situation. Only a lawyer can give you advice about your specific case. Click here for help finding an lawyer.
Important Note: If custody of the minor was awarded or will be awarded to a non-parent through the juvenile dependency court, this section does not apply. Click here for more information about Juvenile Court.
You may also want to read: Temporary Guardianship of Related Minor Child for Educational, Medical Care and Dental Care Purposes
Please read the instructions before filling out any forms:
- INSTRUCTIONS for filing a petition for guardianship of a minor
- INSTRUCTIONS for responding to a petition for guardianship of a minor
Filing a Guardianship Petition
- Affidavit of Indigency and Request for Waiver of Filing Fees and all Fees Associated Therewith. You can get a copy of this form from the District Court clerk’s office. This form can also be found on the Supreme Court website, http://www.courts.state.wy.us , in “Miscellaneous Forms” (Packet 10) on the Family Law Pro Se Forms page under the Self Help Center.
- Civil Cover Sheet (this is an official court form and required by every person filing an action in a Wyoming Court.)
- Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor
- Summons and Return
- Parental Consent
- Consent or Nomination of Minor
- Motion to Appoint Guardian Ad Litem
- Order Appointing Guardian Ad Litem
Other Options for Service
- Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Service
- Motion and Affidavit for Service by Publication
- Order for Service by Publication
- Notice of Publication
- Affidavit Following Service by Publication
Responding to a Guardianship Petition
Asking for a Hearing Date
NOTE: Individual courts have different policies on scheduling, so it is important to contact the court where your case is filed to determine when and how to schedule your appearance in front of the Judge. Your court may have forms to request a hearing date, or you can fill out these forms to request a hearing date: